Wednesday 13 May 2009

Picton Clock



What's going on with picton clock? I enjoy picton clock it's really the only way you can tell if your going to be late for work whilst your cycling there. I did try looking at my watch once but I think it ended in disaster, well not totally disaster, really it ended in mild pain and embarrasment.

A few months ago the clock disapeared, the whole face was taken off and the hole in the tower was covered with black wood. that made me sad. I'm not sure why it happened, I guessed the council were cutting back on spending and didn't want to waste money lighting it at nights. Every time a saw it it made me think What time is it?-- death O'clock, or half past death or 10 to death or whatever. maybe I'm just a little bit morbed, but I took it personally like the council were saying directly to me 'there is no use for time any more, not one has jobs or money or routine we are just living in a land of constent death' I don't think normal people take things like that so personnally but I'm an artist so colours meen a lot to me, if they had painted it white it would be totally different.

Anyway this morning a new clock face had been put back on but there were no hands, and this afternoon at around 4pm when I cycled past the hands were on but the time was 12. oooh mysterious, what message are the council sumblimanally trying to put into our minds today? It's like an exciting soap opera if that wasn't an oxmorone. (I've just had a thought, why isn't a soap opera a opera about soap?!)

I will end today's blog with two quote from today the first from a kid from my art class, and the second from the singing teacher:

1) I would Lyricaly castrait him if he did that (she ment literally)

2) I can just see you, out of my profiter roll vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment