Sunday 17 May 2009

Neigbourhood Watch


I've been doing G.C.S.E exam invidulation this week. When the most exciting moment of you day is a kid putting there hand up and saying they're pen is broken, you have to wonder what you're doing with your life. So I wanted to do something a bit creative to combat my boardem, I really wanted to play leap frog over the long lines of little tables which were set out in the sports hall, and even though I wasn't specifically told that I couldn't, I think it was implied.

So I started writting a musical, inspired by a neigbourhood watch news letter I once read when I lived in Burton Green, it said that everyone should be extra viglent because someone has had thir wellies stolen from there shed. It amused me.

This is the opening number to my musical: 'Neighbourhood Watch the Musical'

(dedicated to the Burton Green Neibourhood watch group)

Old Ladies:
If you don't care about real crime or genral disturbia,
If you want to do something without leaving middle class suburbia,
If you've nothing to do, once you've watered and weeded,
Then join neighbourhood watch and stick your nose where it's not needed.


Criminals:
Watch out lads, its the neighbourhood watch crew,
oh no, I'm scared, what am I going to do.
If I'm getting into mischeif I will have to flee,
in case the nosy neighbours are spying on me.

Old Ladies:
If you want to have a good gossip and a cake,
come and join our club, what great friends you will make,
creaping, snoping sneeking is how we spend our time,
don't worry, in our village there is no real crime.

Resident:
I was shocked and apauled when I recently read,
someone in my postcode had wellies stolen from his shed,
the scary thing is I wouldn't have known better,
had I not recived the neighbourhood watch newsletter.
I have vowed to be cautious forevermore,
and will always leave my wellies inside my locked door.

No comments:

Post a Comment