Thursday 19 February 2009

Hair cuts

Yesterday I paid £23 to have bits of me cut off whilst having to maintain a small talk conversation with the stranger who was doing the choping. Its called going to the hair dressers and aparently it's normal, some people even enjoy it!

This was the 5th time I've been in my life, the first time was when I was 19 before that a man used to come round to the house and do it, I had a childhood fear of him and then when I was 17 he became my driving instuctor and that was also weird. He would recomend hair syles whilst I was trying to do 3 point turns and he would ask me driving theory questions whist he was cutting bit off my hair. I failed my driving test 4 times...but enough of my tragic past, I would like to know what is the normal thing to do when going to the hairdressers because talking about tyre depth tread certainly isn't normal. So they say 'how do you want your hair?' and all that and then there's that bit of unessisary conversation where they inevitably ask 'what do you do?' I can answer that, but then what? I can't ask them what they do because they are doing it.

I discoverd what you don't do...don't make stupid jokes when you don't know what to say, it confusses them. When they had you the recipt say 'thanks' don't say 'In what circumstance would I need this?.....If I decided I wanted a refund and I would like all the hair to be put back on again?!' they do alkward faces and look puzzled.

No comments:

Post a Comment