Sunday 8 February 2009

A Confesion

My Name is wibble and I read books...there we go I've said it, and addmiting you've got a problem is the first step to dealing with it. It started in primary school we were forced to read every day but I was never a ture reader, I never enjoyed it or anything and I remember being stuck on this book for about the whole of year 6 and I had to compleate it before I could ever move on to a new book it was called the adventures of the little wooden horse and it was absolute rubish.

Then in secondary school reading became a lot more optional and I oppted out, in fact I don't think I read more than 5 books for the whole of secondary school. Then I was dyagnosed with dyslexia when I was 16 - great I thought this is a valid excuss to have a life free from words.

I chose to study Art at uni - the least wordy subject, the easyist subject to spell and it mainly invoving pictures. But this is where the problem started. I was given a buddget of £200 per year to spend on books because of my dyslexia (oh the irony- that's like giving a vegitarian £200 a year to spend on meat) but I din't want to waste the money and I had got quite good at thinking of ways round it (e.g once I was given a £10 book token which I spent buying a birthday present book for my sister and I made it a joint present from me and my other sister so she gave me £5 in cash)

So I decided to start buying books full of photos and I took luke and will on a little shopping trip too once. Then when I was going to palestine and knew there would be no t.v I bought a couple of novels which I quite enjoyed. Then I graduated and the money stoped coming. This is what you should watch out for it's what drug dealers do give you free stuff and get you hooked and the put up the price. I now work in an art gallery where you basically sit all day and make sure no one nics the art. You have to do something to keep your mind occupied or you go crazy.

I started bringing in a sketch book but I often run out of things to draw.....argh what do I do. Anyway on friday a craked under the pressure and bought a book, not with book tokens with real atual money, I think the feeling is simular to the first time you take drugs on your own not to be cool just coz your addicted. The book was £8 and I read half of it on the day I bought it, if I carry on like this I might as well take up smoking it would be cheaper....I'm even considereing joining a libary to fund my book habbit.

Please do not judge me I am talling you this so that it won't happen to you, I never though it would happen to me. It's to late for me know but saves youseves! this is how it starts reading internet blogs, befor you know it it will be magazines then books! you may even one day own a waterstones loyalty card!!!!! arghhhhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment