Monday 27 April 2009

Buttons and Ribbons

Does anyone else ever think 'I've got a day off today and to treat myself for earning a bit more than usual this week I will go to a cool fabric wearhouse and spend £4 on buttons?' I think it was after an hour of reajusting the buttons and tissue paper in the scanner that I thought 'this is not normal' I've got a lot of other plans for my buttons though I've already made a hairband and two necklaces and I'm planning on redecorating my bag with then soon, hours of entertainment for only £4! bargain.

The good thing about the nacklaces as well is that I manged to eoncorperate my norwedgen krones, coins with holes in, that I collected up whilst in norway, I love it when I find a use for something that I've been hording for a while some of my top recyling has been a mobile made from the metal ring of a lamp shade (a baby mobile obviously not a mobile phone, I'd be a genius if I could make a phone from a lamp shade) I also made a wax burner (for melting wax to use in batic) from a metal sweetie tin. However I still haven't found a use for hundreds of tiny paper pots for ketchup that I gradually stole from macdonals over a few years. Any suggestions?

I think this new button obsesion must mean I'm offically at the end of my ribbon obsesion of 2008. That all started because I was in charge of decorating the concert venue for a Revelation rock-gospel choir concert, and I decided to buy 80 meters of ribbon to make a ribbon web that hung from the celing. If you are ever in the situation of carrying 80 meters of ribbon in a plastic bag on the handle bars of your bike and the tyre rips a hole in the bag here's a tip:

Although some motorists maybe quite cultured in everyday life they, do not always apreciate an astheticly beauty explosion of colour in the road, esspecially if the ribbons tangle up in the bike gears and esspecially at a junction. Sad but true.

So anyway after I'd used the ribbons once I ironed then out and used them again, and again...and again. Infact they were a major conponant the 3rd year of my fine art degree. I've also used them in card making and I even made some tedy clothes with them as a 4th birthday present for Maisie. I did love my ribbons but I think 2009 will be all about the buttons.

p.s I hope this blog doesn't turn into the kind of blog where grannys swop craft tips. That would make me very sad, I will keep an eye on the ageing situation, I have to confess I've enjoyed radio 2 this year and Dan even had radio 4 on in the car yesterday. 23 is definatly too young for the menopause!

No comments:

Post a Comment