Monday 6 April 2009

Am I from the Ghetto?

The best news I've heard this week is that 1000 canabis plants were discovered in a raid on Burton Green, my home village. I've always wanted to come from a ghetto I this week I was one step closer to acheving my dream.

I never really gave much thought to my social class until I was about 18 and I changed social groups. Before that I was normal, I went to a regular comprehensive school where I belived that anyone who lived in a better area than me was a bit posh and had an unessisary amount of money and anyone who lived in a worse area than me was a bit of a tramp, but I was very normal and average.

When I was 18 I left school I went to do an art foundation course at coventry university and at the same time I moved from my family church to a church on the edge of the city center by a bit of a dodgy esstate. Suddenly I wasn't avarage anymore I was comparitavly posh and I didn't like it. There was another girl on my course that was from a village and the drugie chavs took the mic out of her a lot, she did make it worse for herself by talking about her ponies though. From that point on I always tryed to appear a bit more ghetto than I attually am. Like when I came to liverpool and people asked me where I was from I always said covenrty even though my official address is warwickshire. So that's why I'm so glad that there's been a drugs raid in my village it's another thing to add onto the 'for' catogorie on the 'Am I from the ghetto? list' which looks like this:

Against:

-For 13 years I lived in a village made up of four roads, I regualy saw tractors and horses on my street and one family from my street even had a horse and cart.

-My parents own a croquay set

-My Dad went to boarding school and cambridge university

-My sister is studying to be a doctor

-I went to a primary school that was so small, two years were taught together.

-My mum has an M.A

- I've got a degree

-My next door neighbor had a small swimming pool

- I once rode in a helicopter

- My Dad knew someone who serriously used the phrase 'whato' without any sarcasm

-My grandparents regulary used a butter knife, not just when guests came, all the time!




For

- Until I was six I lived in coventry (not warwickshire)

- I was in a rap band when I was 10

-I had my name and address taken down by the police when I was 10

- My secondary school was on the news for being the first school to use sniffer dogs to sort out drug problems.

-When I was 19 I comitted a crime that if I got caught I would have got 6 months in prison.

-I once smoked apple tobacco from a bong

-I once went to a refugee camp (it was the third most hostile enviroment I've ever been in after the school bus and the massive prixmark just before christmas)

-I've live in a house that had bullet holes in the window frame (in palestine)

-I was offered crack in the red light district of ampsterdam

- I've been on the dole.

- I know a lot of young offenders.

-My house was once broken and my flat mate was threatened with a knife in his bed.

-1000 canabis plants were discovered in a raid on my village!







No comments:

Post a Comment