Monday 2 March 2009

The Credit Crunch

Every time I here the phrase 'The Credit Crunch' I imagine a big round green moster with big feet a big mouth thats eating up money.

Anyway until this weekend I think the credit cruch or reccession has only really effected me in one minor way, I had to change my supplyier of invisable thread from Wolworths to Rennies the art shop. Although this was difficult to come to terms with at the time, I think I am now over it. I have moved on and found that Rennies can atually meet all of my invisable thread needs, which is quite a lot more than the average persons, I think I've got though 3 rolls this year.

I will now go on a tangent about Rennies : I was in Rennies at the weekend trying to buy a frame (why they sell paper in sizes like 'A1' and sell frames in sizes like 'nearly A1 but annoyingly not quite' I will never know)

oooh Sub tangent: I was buying a frame because I am in an exhabition in the egg cafe called 'The Painted Artical'. If you are my friend you can come, or if you have lots of money to spend on art you can also come. If you are a wierd internet stalker who reads the blogs of people you don't know, you cannot come.

If you are a weird internet stalker and you have money to spend on art... I guess you can come, but you must buy some and you can't be wierd around my friends.

If you are my friend and you are also a wierd internet stalker....I'm not sure, I think maybe you should get some help, and don't bother coming.

End of sub-tangent back to main tangent about Rennies:

Rennies is a bit dodgey this is my conversation with them on saturday

Me: How much is an A1 frame?

Them: We don't do them but we can make one up for you.

Me: How much?

Them: £23.99

Me: oh

Them: are you a student? we have a discount.

Me: No

Them: are you a student?

Me: No

Them: are you a student?

Me: NO I'M NOT A STUDENT!!!!!

Them: Are you a student?

Me: oooh

Them: Are you a student?

Me: ....I guess I could be.


end of tangent back to my serrious dicussion about the reccession:

This weekend I have found out that my gallery job has no funding for the next exhabition and therefor isn't really employing casual staff anymore. This is not a good time or place to be an artist. Everyone had too much art in 2008 with Liverpool being the capital of culture and all. so in 2009 Liverpool has become the capital of poverty and uglyness. Art has been outlawed and all artists will be put to death.... Ok I'm exadurating slightly. So I have very little work, I could have got my denim jacket on found a picket line and shouted angrly in a newcastle accent, but I chose to just pop down to the job center and have a look at what's avalible.

I will leave you with this question:
what would happen if artist went on strike?
would people care? would they get a pay rise?
what would the world look like if art was banned?
How would it be inforced?
what is art?
is that more than one question?

No comments:

Post a Comment