Friday 2 March 2012

My Favorite Gingers


This blog is dedicated to my 2 favorite ginger friends who are both amazing Bex and Josh. (also I have a ginger sister she's nice too)

I'll start with Bex who I've know since I was born:
This is us and our snowman back in the day. We grew up as next door neighbours, until I was 6. One memory from this period was of us "running away" we decided on the cunning cover up of ''we're pretending to run away" we packed clothes and cornflakes in a big suitcase and set off for our journey after maybe 20 minutes I fell over and we had to go back for a plaster, and we must of decided not to continue the big run away plans.

When I was 6 Bex moved a few miles away but 6 months later we ended up moving to the same street as them, we started a new school together and pretended we were sisters. People genrally believed us. I actually find it hard to convince people that I'm not related to other random gingers sometimes.

We weren't as close in secondary school Bex was two school years above me, and therefore it was socially unacceptable for us to make any eye contact during school hours. Once she was in sixth form we hung out a bit more. I got a bit of street cred from getting lifts to school in her old banger car. I got the role of 'cd walkman holder' -she had one of those things that plugs into a car tape player and we always listened to 'Niccleback' or 'Puddle of mud' on the way to school.

She went away to uni and we weren't in contact much for a few years but it's quite weird how similar we have become as adults. We both share a love of climbing trees, silly games, fancy dress, traveling and setting fire to things. Last July she was my bridesmaid and this July I'm going to be her bridesmaid!!! She told me this at her surprise engagement party at the weekend... then we had a wrestle in the lotus position whilst I was wearing a monkey mask, and she accidental punched me in the face and gave me a nose bleed it was funny.

This is me and Josh:

We lived together for 2 years in uni. He taught me how to spin fire poi, I taught him unicycling, and he was the one that inspired me to do community art stuff. We had a lot of funny times together back in the day when we lived life between 10am and 2am. On Sundays we had the Sunday night question which was a deep philosophical time when we discussed things like 'Do male lady birds ever feel a bit camp?' he came out with great sentences like 'That's illegal with a capital E!' we pretty much spent our whole time on the beach or in the park I never remember it being cold or rainy in those days. One he put a life size manikin that he found in a skip in my bed.

He converted me to liking tea because he loved it so much that he said we couldn't be friends on a deep level if I didn't drink tea. One day (before I liked tea) I wanted to show him how much I respected him as a friend, but as he didn't really do hugs, I downed a whole mug of tea for his enjoyment even though I hated it. After that I gradually started to like tea.

Today Josh is setting of on a tricycle ride around Europe for a year meeting up with some circus type people in Berlin and travelling with them for a while. He's a proper legend. He has a blog too you should follow it: http://wildgooseartventures.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment