Thursday 2 May 2013

Dan's Birthday

Tuesday 30th April was Dan's birthday he was 27 and therfore officially moved from his mid twenties to his late 20s. When I say officially I really mean 'by my definition.' I organised a lovely surprise for him because I'm lovely. Although Dan tells me that when you do something nice for someone you shouldn't say things like 'I saved you the best chocolates because I'm lovely' you should say 'I've saved you the best chocolates because YOU'RE lovely.' I'm working on that.

Anyways I booked a surprise night in a hotel followed by a go karting experience, the hotel had a swimming pool, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi and gym, and would probably be a lovely hotel to stay at when all their building work is finished. They said as we were leaving, that next time we come it will all be ready, seeing as we are not particularly planning on coming again I can only guess that it may never be ready. We came drove from coventry where we'd be visiting my sister to the hotel in chester.

WARNING: This next bit is a tangent: My sister Sarah was doing a fundraiser for her gap year this weekend, I preformed some of my comedy while everyone else did musical things. Sarah- who is about 60% more middle class than me has a friend that plays the harp. That harp playing friend (Jo Lloyd) is about 178% more middle class than me. There was a super cute bit to the evening when a five year old girl wanted to dance to the harp with my friend Doug and he couldn't really say no, so he just got up and danced with her at the front infront of everyone.

I started my comedy with the joke:

'I controversially wore a tie yesterday...I suppose you're wondering why that was so controversial is it because your a girl. No it's because I saw a man from Thailand  shoot him, skinned him, made a coat and then wore it. so it was a little controversial.'

It was met with a mixed response.  I'm not going to tell you the joke that went down really well because I will preform it at mello mello on 13th May and you should come! (end of tangent)

We tried to get the most out of the hotel experience by using everything that was free to us, as soon as we got there we used the pool and steam room. Then we went out for a meal had a bath...(the bath was enormous.) The next morning instead of having a leisurely lie in like you would normally do on a day off, we got up at 8 and went to the gym. I've only been to a gym once on my life, I've even written a blog dissing exercise bikes, but I'll do anything that's free. While the normal gym users did half an hour or so on one machine,  I made use of all of the exercise mashines including the hola hoop within half an hour. Then we went for our big breakfast where we stuffed our faces and also stole 2 cinnamon roles wrapped in a napkin for later.

I then had another bath just for kicks and we left (with all the free shampoo etc) at precisely 11am which was their kicking out time. On the way out I remembered we needed water for the day so I got the receptionists to fill up our water bottles. (Dan was too embarrassed to ask.) She told me they actually have still and sparkling water on tap so it's all free - and she didn't just mean she wouldn't charge us, I think she actually thought it was free. I'm not an economics expert but I do know that even normal tap water is not free.

Right it's time for me to have a hot squash and go to bed. Night x

No comments:

Post a Comment