Monday 29 June 2009

Sailing


I went sailing in southampton this weekend, with Dan, my sister Jo, Dad, and my friend Ruth, it was a very tame sail compaired with some I've been on. We didn't do any 14 hour channel crossings, we didn't have to bail out because of a hole in the boat, it wasn't force 8 and no one was sick in a sause pan. It was nice! I think ellen mcather is cool, she is my 3rd favorite celebrity but I think she's a bit of a nutter. Like imagin sailing round the whole world but you can't get out and visit anywhere because it's a race. and imagin have a masive boat but virtually all the space is taken up with tecnical equipment and you can only sleep for 15 minuets at a time, and imagin not being able to see anything but sea for 60 days or whatever.

The most difficult part of our trip was when eveyone but my dad were in the little inflateble dingy that you row to get ashore and we were rowing back to our boat Lucy, but there was a really strong current and wind against us and after 5 minuets of very hard rowing we had litrally only gone aroung 5 meters. it wasn't far to go but at this speed it would have taken us at least half an hour. there were two boats inbetween us and Lucy, so I said quite loudly 'maybe we could pull along that boat' and a nice lady said yes you can and ended up throwing us a rope and then pulling us along the lenght of her boat. So then I said 'maybe we could do the same on that boat' and a man from the next boat came out with a rope so eventually we got back to Lucy. The funnist bit was when the lady made some comment about us getting pack to our parents and Ruth randomly shouted out 'Jerry' so as to disasosiate herself from our family.

I had a new invention this weekend, on of my more realistic and better ones not like the disposable baby. It's a waterproof video projector so that you can watch a film when it's dark and your sailing by projecting it onto the sail. Jaws or Titanic would be good films I think. I'm quite proud of that idea it's right up there with the hot tub maze that you swim round.

No comments:

Post a Comment