Saturday 14 May 2016

Big news

I'm going to be doing a 1 hour 1 woman show in the Liverpool comedy festival! It's on September, 27th, you should come!


It came about quite easily really... we went to the Edinburgh festival in 2014, it was like my last chance to live a studenty life style of staying up late and sleeping on floors and stuff, 2 months before I became a mum. People have asked me "do you want to do an Edinburgh show" and I would, but it would be pretty impossible to just go and live in Edinburgh for a month with a small child and it would be a bit rubbish for Dan if he had to quit his job to come and then had to babysit every night. That's not really going to happen. So my friend Alastair who has done several years of Edinburgh shows said "why don't you do the Liverpool comedy festival?" which is a single one hour show and the main benefit is: it's in Liverpool.

So I chatted about it to a couple of my performingy friends (Esther, Danni, Rob and Lee) and Danni said "just book it in and it will make you do it." Nothing's more motivating than being given a date where you'll be publicly humiliated if you don't come up with some funny stuff. So I emailed this guy. I had to give a title and a blurb, he said it was oversubscribed so I wasn't sure if I would get in, but I did!

No idea what will be in the show really but here's the title and blurb:

Hannah Jones: Best Days of Your Life

School days are the best days of your life, if you die at 16 and can’t remember before 4.
Blending the everyday with the surreal, comedian Hannah Jones remembers surviving school in the 90s as a dyslexic ginger.

“Whimsical” and “lovely” comedy, this is group therapy for those who were never cool enough to sit on the back seat of the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment