Friday 10 August 2012

Embarrasing Myself in Asda

This week I have embarrassed myself twice in asda once while I was trying to buy scissors and once while I was trying to twin my armchair.

What do you mean 'trying to twin your armchair' I here you cry....don't worry I will tell you. We have an armchair that was donated to us when we got married because when you get married everyone wants to unload their unwanted things onto you. At one point we had 2 washing mashing 2 tumble dryers a three piece sweet and 2 other sofas. I am grateful for this stuff but there is a limit to how much furniture we can fit in our house and the limit is 2 small sofas and one armchair. So we had an armchair to get rid of, and for one night only we had a van. We texted round all our friends trying to give it away and then gave up and went to the pub wear we met Katie Hunt - the girl who says yes to everything she's great. She really had no need for an armchair she lived in a shared house with an abundance of armchairs but she kindly offered to take ours because she says yes to everything.

Katie has since moved house and took her armchair with her, so every time we go and visit her or her housemates we can go and visit our armchairs' best buddy- katies' armchair. Then we decided we should twin them. We originally wanted to have a live video link between then so that anytime you were sitting in one of the armchairs you could see what was happening in the other one. However we decided against this because their were some concerns that me and Dan might get up to some chair hankie pankie that the residents of Halkyn ave did not want to see. Oh yeah and financial reasons. So we made these instead:
This is what lead to me having to explain the whole thing to the guy that works in the Asda photo department. I hope this is a craze that will catch on, there's loads of things that could be twined with other things. My mum has actually twinned her loo with a loo in somewhere like Burundi, we have a photo of their loo in our bathroom. It was a charity thing though, I think she gave the charity enough money for the loo to be built. I don't think they have a photo of our loo in their little toilet hut.

The second time I embarrassed myself in Asda was today, I kicked off a little bit. I'm not even that embarrassed actually their the ones who should be embarrassed by their ridiculous policies. Today I got ID-ed for buy these:




Kids Scissors! Can anyone else spot the bit that says 'FOR KIDS' so how stupid is it that you have to be 18 to buy them and that have to ID anyone who looks under 25. Apparently they could be used as a weapon. Please remind me that next time I go to Asda for the soul purpose of attacking someone to either bring a weapon from home or if I plan to attack someone with a weapon bought in the store remind me to take ID with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment