Saturday 12 November 2011

Did You Know?

Did you know that getting an MOT is not the same as going to the dentist? you can't just put it off because you don't have the money or you don't feel like it. You actually have to do it and there are consequences if you don't. And did you know that if you go to one of them silly petrol stations that you have to pay before hand and you say '£40 please' that the pump does not stop at exactly £40...and that if £41.25 worth of petrol goes into your car and then you drive off....you really should go back and pay for it, or at least make your husband go back and pay for it if you're too embarrassed to go. Especially if the car your driving isn't really your car because a total divvy has driven into your car and crushed it and then driven off.

But did you know that if you have £3.80 and a bit of spare time and the registration number of the guy who smashed your car you can type it into a website and it will tell you his address and you can go round and have a polite conversation with him about why he's such a loser.

Not having a lot of luck with cars in the last few weeks, I feel a certain nostalgia for the simpler days when I rode semi disposable bikes. At least once a year my bike would be stolen or vandalised or would die of natural causes and I'd leave it round the back of some bins in town and go out and spend £2o on a new bike off a mate. Yes there were days when I'd arrive at work wet through to my underwear and shiver all day, but I never had to fill in vehicle related forms and I think given the choice I'd rather spend a day shivering than filling in forms.

On a happier note I'm having a lot of fun doing a mosaic project in a school at the mo, a boy from year 3 even came up to me and said 'Hannah - thank you for being an artist' aww...that made me happy because even though I love being and artist, sometimes I wish I worked in Asda just for the regular money coming in. He was a really cute kid I want that type of kid when I have kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment