Thursday 2 January 2020

Kid Quotes of the Year

When I was growing up my Dad used to keep a notebook of the funny thing we said things, like my four year old description of fog "dark light". I have done the modern version of this, I tweet them #percyquotes and for the first year #ericquotes have been added. (Percy is 5 Eric is 2) At the end of each year my sister Sarah has made me a t-towel of the best ones, although these have got a bit ruined now so I think I might make them into mugs.

View best quotes of 2018 here. My personal favourite was "how do you milk a ghost?" and "do ice cream don't like snow?"

View 2017 here my faves were "we have two babies one made out of plastic and one made out of real" and "Poor daddy one of his favourite ears is hurting".

I don't think 2019 was the best year for them, but it's interesting to see how they are developing over time. I'm glad we've moved away from the questions about death more now, but Percy is still intrigued by the World Wars, Willies, God, and has recently taken an interest in politics.

I'll start with Eric, he says funny things every day but I only managed to tweet a few:

"my favourite fruit is cake"

"I'm a big boy now, I'm tweventeen thousand"

I think 2020 will be his prime year for more Eric quotes.




and here's Percy's quotes:

"The people in Toy Story must have practised really hard not to look scared when they were doing those stunts"

"Mummy I'm going to plan you a surprise party" Percy let me give you some basic tips on planning a surprise party.

Percy your shirt's on the wrong way round. "oh i thought my head was on the wrong way round"

Have you wee'd on the floor? "that's what my willy just decided it wanted to do"

"why are you making your lips even more red than they are?"

"why did God not give you a willy?"

"this water tastes of bums and fire rockets"

"Mummy when we die do we become shadows or statues?"

"one half of my nose is filled with snot and the other half is filled with bogies and they just keep switching round forever"

"Mummy lets play trains, I'll be Thomas and you be the Fat Controller"

"Mummy you need to practise your parking, I wish Daddy was here"

"but we love Peppa Pig more than you love family time"



a few more joint ones:

Eric: What is the cinema? Percy: It's where films are born.

Percy: I want to marry Eric. Eric: I want to marry Granny


Happy New Year.  x

No comments:

Post a Comment