Sunday 6 November 2016

A Big Week

A lot has happened in the week just gone, I've been sick in more glamorous locations than just my bedroom, I was sick in another country and in an aeroplane!

This week we had a mini holiday in Wales just from Tuesday to Friday with Dan's family. Dan's parents hired a 10 bed cottage for the week and Dan's 4 siblings and a few hangers on like me and Percy came along too. Since having a baby holidaying with family has changed from being 'ok if its free' to 'the best thing in the world.' Because when the adult to child ratio goes from 1 to 1 like it normally is on a work day to 10 to 2 it's brilliant. It's like actually having a holiday, I had an afternoon nap almost every day. Unlike the time we went for a just the 3 of us family holiday to Wales when percy was 7 months and teething. He was still up every few hours in the night to feed and then he decided that 4:45 am was the time we would begin our days each morning. By 10am we couldn't take anymore of playing with a baby inside, so we'd go and sit and freeze on a cold beach for a bit, wander round a few charity shops and then go home to make broccoli slime mash for Percy.

So yes, this holiday was infinitely better than that partly because Percy now sleeps though the night, eats normal food, and plays with far more interesting toys. (I really can't recommend the Duplo castle with working cannon enough.)

It was still cold beaches and no phone signal or internet, but I can cope with that when you have fun people to hang out with, and the board game risk.
a freezing cold beach

an inappropriately named restaurant

View from our cottage

Winter sunbathing

Portmeirion

The Crew
We got back on Friday to the fun task of having to do my tax return in an evening because I'd finally got my online activation code and had to do it ASAP for the mortgage man. (House news if you're interested... nothing has happened in 6 weeks because we've had a terrible mortgage lady who we've finally gibbed off for a hopefully better mortgage man)

Saturday was a crazy day...
Dan finally had his 30th birthday present, flying a plane from Speke airport. We arrived and I was feeling a little queasy. We decided not to tell them I was pregnant in case they didn't let me go in the back.
About to get on the plane.



Sefton park and the palm house

The anglican cathedral and behind it the women's hospital

Lime street and radio city tower

Aintree racecourse

I loved seeing all the views of places I knew, I was glad I could just enjoy them without having to think about flying a plane. On the descent down Dan was in control until the last 200 meters where the instructor took over. It was pretty wobbly and I realised I was going to be sick. Luckily the instructor had a sick bag on hand so I puked away in the back. I'm normally fine with wobbliness. Like I've never been car sick or sea sick but the combination of pregnancy and a windy day in a light aircraft was too much for me. I felt it was ok to say I was pregnant once we landed, they couldn't chuck me off then.
What you can't see on this is him holding my sick bag. Obviously I couldn't take the photo while holding it.
 The rest of the day was very full too. We went to 2 year old Freya's birthday party, the midwife came round and then we went to see some fireworks set off in someone's drive.

Don't worry the guy who looks like his head is being blown off is fine.

Percy had this unsure face on the whole time but since we got in the car to go home he's been chatting all about them.
 Happy November everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment