Thursday 15 April 2010

I Hate Harvard Referencing

I hate Harvard Referencing.... even more than I hate rice pudding. Infact if I was offered a scholoship at Harvard University where I got paid £50,000 a year to study whatever I wanted, I would turn it down because I wouldn't want to study somewhere with the name Harvard in case it reminded me of Harvard Refencing. I know it's intended to be one offical way of reffencing anything but I don't think there should be an offical way of doing anything. I think everyone should make up there own way to do things.

It's easy enough to reference books and stuff you just write the title and authour and a few other bits of pointless information, and then randomly highlight a bit of it and put it in italics and add in some of the puntuation that doesn't get used much in everyday life and feels left out like this ( ) :
but what if you're refencing something you heard in a game of chinnese whispers? or what if you're referencing a quote you saw tatooed on a sailor's arm which was inspired by his mum's facebook status which was quoting part of an artical she read in heat magazine? How would you reference that?

1 comment:

  1. Hello Han
    I don't mean to make a joke out of your condition, but sometimes your spelling mistakes make me giggle, like Harvard Refencing. Someone could come all the was from Harvard Unversity with their Masters and Phd, just to refence your garden! :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete