Monday 6 July 2009

Twins

I went to seem some preformance art this weekend call 'Twins-How do I know I am me?' I purswaded Dan to come by saying 'we always go to the cinama but we never go to see freaky twin live art' It was run by the bluecoat so I've been slightly involved in making it by helping audition the twins. The artist Angie is a funny but lovely german lady who has done a simalar thing in cologne which is twinned with liverpool, and so she came to do it here because she is fasinated with twins. She is atually sat infront of me now coz I am on T & I at the bluecoat which is basically the reception except we if we call it that we will get in trouble. Anyway Angie is about 70 and she is wearing a short green skirt with black spots over beige combat trousers, she had a turqois denim jacket, long grey hair in a high bun and two clashing ball balls for earings. although the first time I ment her she had one ball ball earing and one mini pack of cards earing. you've got to love crazy old lady german artists, I'm planning on being one one day, (without the german.)

So we went to this preformance in a giant wearhouse where at first you are sectioned off by a wall of falling water and a wall of police lines with megaphones attached to the end. you can see a few sets of twins some are knitting on two half sofas attached high up on the wall, some are somking and sitting on a piano, some are facing eachother ect, then after the twins facing eachother have run around a bit, the smoking twins come and pull back the police line curtain so everyone can come into the main space and discover another set of twins in a white cube playing pairs. Then for the next two hours you wonder around watching whichever twins are doing the most interesting thing. it was a bit like being at the zoo. some twins started flying on harnesses at one point and then other twins ran to a room and a few people followed then and they go naked and stood facing a wall and a picture of naked jews from the holocourst was projected on their naked bums.

After leaving the preformanc piece I had a big craving for a mac donalds apple pie, I felt it was quite ironic being in a mac donalds surrounded by 1000 scallies at 11 at night after attending such a cultural event, it was like I suddenly gone down a class. We did manage to avoid the druken teanagers and girls on a hen night by going through the drive through and then eating the apple pie at his though.

No comments:

Post a Comment