Saturday 5 January 2019

Funny Quotes of The Year

It's the 3rd year running of me receiving a tea towel with quotes from Percy on it. Throughout the year I tweet things he quotes using the #percyquotes and then I look through them and pick the shorter ones to send to my sister Sarah, who will make it into a tea towel for me. There were some classics this year, but looking at it just now I've realised we missed out the best one!  
"How do you milk a ghost?" He then answered his own question, "I guess you would just chop it up because it doesn't matter if it dies." I do also like to ponder on the question of "Do ice creams don't like snow?"

I think next year Eric will be contributing too, he's got quite a few words now. Over Christmas he just learnt how to say "Percy" but he pronounces it like the phase "per se".

We had a nice Christmas seeing family, it's fun that both boys are at an age where they can't fake a reaction to presents. Percy was utterly overjoyed by a pair of slippers and then crushed when he unwrapped a present that he thought was an empty cardboard box. (It was actually a bike.) But his favourite present was some little Paw Patrol cars I got second hand as stocking fillers.


We've made the decision (and I'm not quite sure it was the right one) to tell him that Santa is pretend. He's now slightly misinterpreted this and is going around telling people that Santa is dead!

We celebrated New Year on 1st Jan, partly because we only have catch up tv and 7pm on 1st Jan was a convenient time for us to welcome in the new year with our boys and partly because we had the lovely Sembuuze boys who had come up to visit.

Bex is my oldest friend from home. We ended up having our first babies 4 days apart. She is now pregnant with her 3rd and her husband has gone away back to Uganda to visit family for a few days, so it was nice to have them up here. 
Otterspool



The dead zoo (stuffed animals at the World Museum)

look carefully and you'll spot Eric

Lola was a hit
Check out our newly decorated guest room. We hope to put it on air BnB soon, but also it's nice to have space for friends and family, and it's going to be free for traveling comedians who are coming up to gig. Which is a way for me to meet people, because I can't really gig in the south or go for drinks after shows and stuff.

This week I'm launching my new monthly comedy night! I'm super excited about it. Please come if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment