Saturday 27 September 2014

The Middle Sister

A week today my sister Jo is getting married. This means I must share a childhood picture of us:

Aww.... from the days where I was the tallest sibling (and I had a horrible fringe, If my baby is a girl I will actively discourage her from fringes.)

One of the best things about Jo is that on first impressions she comes across as very normal, very mature and responsible maybe even a little bit dull...but she's actually crazy! She has done a lot of crazy things like skydiving and zorbing, she is an accomplished unicycler, tightrope walker, gymnast and trampolinist. We wrote a little book for Jo at her hen night that we all signed with nice memories and stuff... for some reason the main thing I could remember  was this time we were really bored on a family walk and decided to repeatedly touch an electric fence. Good times. Mum and Dad were despairing a little, but we wouldn't even have that family walk memory right now if it wasn't for touching the fence.

Since we've always had a bit of an interest in circus, this became the theme for the hen night.

Back in the day...

The hen night....























I'm pretty proud of my costume... I didn't want to be a pregnant clown so when Dan suggested big top (after elephant) I thought that would work well. My costume was mainly made from a laundry basket and a lamp shade. I felt a great sense of freedom wearing a costume that no one would recognise me in. for example I would never creep out an innocent man working on his laptop in my home town in normal dress...

Nor would I dance with Jo in front of a bit of and audience.

Happy hen night Jo, can't wait to be the fattest bridesmaid at your wedding!
Hopefully you'll look a bit better than you did at the end of your hen do. x


No comments:

Post a Comment