Tuesday 30 September 2014

Top 10 Pregnancy Comments

Today I am 35 weeks which you think would mean we had a 'special hug' 35 weeks ago actually it doesn't, because of the silly way they count it, it's more like 33 weeks since that happened. Anyway that's enough about our special hug life. Check out the bump.




I'm going to dedicate this blog to all the people who have commented on my pregnancy: friends and strangers but especially the funny commenters which are mainly the kids from the school I work in.
I find it funny when strangers feel the need to comment, fair enough if they ask when is it due or whatever that's just being friendly. But there was a man is Aldi who said 'you're big' (ironically he was about 20 stone) and there was a lady on the till in Asda who insisted I shouldn't be carrying my shopping which was only something like a loaf of bread and some jam. What do you actually expect me to do? Are you offering to carry my shopping home for me? If not don't comment. (I didn't say that though)

Most adult comments are normally variations on either...'oh look at your bump' 'when are you due?' 'do you know what it is?' or 'I think you're having a boy/ girl because xyz'

People have been very lovely and helpful and it really is nice that people are taking an interest and stuff so I don't want this to come across as negative, but because I get asked the same questions a lot I am tempted to give stupid answers. Like 'how long have you got left?'.... 'oh hopefully another 50 years at least...probably longer than you.' Or my favourite variation on 'Do you know what it is?' was 'What sex are you having?' Soooo hard not to say a position, but I just managed to politely say 'we're having a surprise'

Kids comments have been much less predictable here's the top 10 hilarious kid comments:

10) Why are you having a baby? (I wasn't sure whether to answer that from a biological or psychological perspective)

9) Are there 2 babies in there or 3?

8) The baby might not know you're an artist. (I'm not sure why this was such a concern)

7)  If it's a boy you should call it Steven Gerrard.

6) Do you actually want a baby? Do you know that babies grow into kids?

5) You don't have a TV?!! You'll have to get one before the baby arrives or your  baby will be soooo bored!

4) If it's a girl throw it in the bin!

3) Do you know you need a man to make a baby?
yes, I am married
Well we've never seen your husband!

2)When you have a baby either you have to show all your rude bits or have it cut out of you. Which one are you going to do?

1) What's that in there? (pointing to my belly)
a baby
oh I thought it was a ball
Have you never seen a woman with a baby in her belly before?
My Dad has a big belly.






No comments:

Post a Comment